In an attempt to budget, and up my bread making skills, before the week starts I have been making breakfast for the week.
Started off making protein muffins for a while, which included blueberries. Last week’s breakfast item was Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Scones. This week’s breakfast will be Blueberry Sweet Rolls. Notice a theme here?
I discovered the recipe for the blueberry sweet rolls on Instagram on Nourishing’s account. It was somewhat of a repost from Peanut Butter & Jilly’s Instagram. This is the only recipe I’ve tried from Peanut Butter & Jilly but this one is without a doubt amazing… imagine a cinnamon roll without the cinnamon and the addition of blueberries! I did change the recipe a little when making it, so it’s not completely vegan and it’s not gluten free.
For my spin on Peanut Butter & Jilly’s Blueberry Sweet Rolls here is a list of my substitutions…
- In place of ¼ cup maple syrup… ¼ cup part ChocZero’s maple
pecan sugar-free syrup, part pure maple syrup (1:1 ratio)
- In place of 2 cups almond milk… 2 cups buttermilk
- In place of 5 cups gluten free flour… 5 cups bread flour
- In place of the vegan cream cheese icing… lemon icing
- In place of 3/4 cup sugar… 3/4 cup part coconut sugar, part brown sugar (1:1 ratio)
For Peanut Butter & Jilly’s Blueberry Sweet Rolls recipe click here!